Screen Time Ergonomics & Recommendations
We have all been practising social distancing to help flatten the curve over the last month. Everyone is spending more time in front of their screen, us at MaxFit included, as we are trying to stay updated and in communication with our loved ones and our clients as well. But, here is the trouble: less physical activity typically brings on more aches and pains as we decrease our movement and normal activities.
Here are some tips to help get through social distancing with comfort through self-management:
- Avoid leaning forward or twisting to read your computer.
- Use a desk rather than the armrest of a couch or your lap when using a laptop.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Let your shoulders relax rather than hunching.
- Take frequent breaks and drink lots of water.
- Use appropriate reading eyewear to prevent leaning towards or away from your computer screen to read it.
- Use the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds to fight against eye strain.