Physiotherapy is a primary care, client-centered health profession dedicated to preventing and alleviating dysfunctional movement caused by accidents, injury or illness, static positions or repetitive incorrect movement, in other words too much or too little activity. Pain, stress and aging may also be factors in developing dysfunctional movement patterns.
- Manual therapy: mobilization or manipulation of the joints to restore normal range of motion
- Soft tissue treatment: to address tight muscles
- Therapeutic taping and bracing: to support healing tissues or accelerate return to activity
- Exercise prescription: ranging from specific stabilization exercises, to high-level strength and balance retraining
- Postural re-education: to restore healthy postures and address issues in your work, school or athletic environment that may be contributing to poor posture
- Technique correction: to prevent injuries during hobbies and recreation, improve performance
- Electrotherapeutic modalities: to reduce pain, swelling and spasm and facilitate healing